Morning Reads: Murder Trial Begins, John Liu Scandal Roils Chinatown, Lower Ludlow’s Nightlife Boomlet
- Two-and-a-half-years after Glenn Wright was stabbed to death outside the Baruch Houses, the case has finally gone to trial (Gothamist).
- New York Magazine’s cover story on the John Liu scandal details why feelings in Manhattan’s Chinatown (and Flushing) about a trailblazing Asian politician are so complex (NYM).
- Families of Cabrini Nursing Home residents talk about the facility’s closing (WNBC).
- Hotel Chantelle inspires a nightlife boom on lower Ludlow. Chantelle owner Ravi Patel, speaking about the relatively low rents south of Delancey, says “it’s almost obnixious what we paid.” (Crain’s)
- Did you miss the Art Fair at the Comfort Inn? Yes, the Comfort Inn on Ludlow! Have a look (Artinfo).