Morning Reads: More on Madison Jackson, Schools Get a Boost, The Voice’s Sex-Trafficking Scandal Heats Up
- Developer Michael Bolla is hoping his current project, the new condo conversion at Madison Jackson, will aid in “a revival of the neighborhood’s historic but dwindling Jewish community” (NYT).
- City Councilmember Margaret Chin joins the protest against sex-trafficking outside Village Voice headquarters — along with the son of Voice co-founder Norman Mailer (Capital NY).
- Governor Cuomo and Shelly Silver agree on adding a 4% increase for school funding in this year’s state budget (which is expected to be voted into law today). Some school advocates say it won’t make up for cuts made in the last two years (Businessweek).
- Iggy’s Bar on Ludlow makes it on to BlackBook’s list of quintessential “Dumps, Dives and Holes” (BB).
- Ben Stiller and friends will be on East 10th Street between Avenue C and Avenue D next week, shooting the re-make of “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” (EV Grieve).