Morning Reads: More Charges in Chen Death, Shabbos Elevators, Graffiti Wall Through the Years
- Army investigators recommend courts martial for more soldiers accused in connection with Danny Chen’s death (CNN).
- Parents and activists protest deep cuts in funding for after school programs. The programs are a mainstay of the Lower East Side’s settlement houses (NYT).
- In the state Senate, Republicans block Daniel Squadron’s bill requiring corporations to disclose political donations from moving forward (Politicker).
- The Times discovers the Shabbos elevators in the Grand Street co-ops and elsewhere (NYT).
- A visual history of the Houston/Bowery graffiti wall beginning with Keith Haring in 1982 (Complex).
- Antique dealer Billy Leroy plans a party March 9 to give his tent on the Bowery a proper sendoff (Local EV).