Morning Reads: Brooklyn Bridge Noise, BMW Guggenheim Run Out of Berlin, Local Spokes as National Model
- Residents living near the Brooklyn Bridge have had it with the ongoing reconstruction of the Brooklyn Bridge; the DOT says noise from the huge project is about to get even worse (Tribeca Trib).
- The BMW Guggenheim Lab caused a mini-fracas when it popped up on the Lower East Side. But in Berlin, where the project planned its second iteration, concerns about violent protests forced the Guggenheim to pull out, just weeks before opening (Bloomberg).
- It looks like work on that 8-story mixed-use building on the East 13th Street “mystery lot” is about to begin (EV Grieve).
- The Chinatown/Lower East Side biking coalition, Local Spokes, champions equal access at the National Bike Summit (Bike Portland).
- “Texture trumps dialogue” in “Swell,” Culture Project’s latest production at the Living Theater (NYT).