LES Bites: Doughnut Plant, Randolph Beer, Landbrot Bakery
Let’s catch up on Lower East Side food news:
- On Friday, the Doughnut Plant opened its spiffy new retail space and production facility on Grand Street. There are four tables available in the storefront if you absolutely must consume your purchases on the spot. You’ll also notice a new espresso machine and two very slick flat screens displaying the DP’s animated menus. Still to come: a revamp of the old space next door. There will be an official grand opening this coming Friday.
- Grub Street takes a look at Randolph Beer, opening at 343 Broome (Bowery) on Wednesday.
- FloFab previews Landbrot, the new German bakery on Orchard Street.
- Eater details the opening of Francesca, the Spanish small-plates spot replacing Frankies 17.
- Eater also has the scoop on La Montanara by Forcella, opening on Ludlow Street Wednesday. They’ll be specializing in fried pizza.
- Gothamist says beer nerds will be in heaven at One Mile House on Delancey Street.