Morning Reads: Walking While Latino, Were NYCHA Cops Reassigned?, 71 Clinton’s Sad History
- Shawn Portuguez was arrested on Rivington Street last week for no apparent reason. What does the incident tell us about the city’s “stop-and frisk” policy, which focuses predominantly on black and Latino communities? (Gothamist)
- State Senator Daniel Squadron wants to know if NYCHA-dedicated cops were re-assigned to Occupy Wall Street (Metro).
- Sheldon Silver is hosting a fundraiser for Assembly Democrats in Washington tonight, as the fate of the state’s redistricting process remains uncertain (Politics on the Hudson).
- Snack van catches fire on East 2nd Street (EV Grieve).
- After the latest flop at 71 Clinton, a brief history of this troubled space (Eater).