Morning Reads: Developer Fights City Charges, Schwimmer-Gate, Remembering Ben Gazzara
- Developer and “Sons of Essex” partner Michael Shah is under scrutiny in connection with several uptown affordable housing projects (Crain’s).
- Six months after EV Grieve first started reporting about David Schwimmer’s purchase of 331 East 6th Street, the Post “weighs in” with the tabloid treatment (EV Grieve, Post).
- “Hyper-gentrification” hits 8th Street (Jeremiah).
- A glowing assessment of the New Museum’s Massimiliano Gioni, who was recently appointed to a key position at the Venice Biennale (NYM).
- Remembering Ben Gazzara, the highly regarded actor born and raised on the Lower East Side (NYT).
- Rising star, 14-year old Michael Eliran, plays Rockwood Music Hall (Allie is Wired).