Liquor License Applications: A Preview of February’s List
Next month’s meeting of the Community Board 3 SLA committee has a full agenda of new and existing bars and restaurants seeking first-time licenses or upgrades. We got a sneak peek at the list at last night’s CB3 meeting.
There are several items that promise to draw high interest. Sam Chang’s Holiday Inn on Delancey Street, which is under construction, is applying for a full bar license. There’s a proposal from an applicant known as Mundo New York on the table for Oliva, the Spanish tapas bar at the corner of Houston and Allen that April Bloomfield flirted with and dropped. There’s also a new plan for the old White Slab Palace space at 77 Delancey St., where an applicant known as Bar North Group LLC wants a full bar permit.
The rest of the list is below; the meeting takes place Feb. 13 at 6:30 at the JASA/Greene Residences, 200 E. Fifth St. at Bowery. We’ll have more details as the applications are submitted in advance of the meeting.
- 157 Ludlow St.: Bardelo LLC is seeking a full bar license at former sports bar The Draft.
- 154 Orchard St.: An as-yet-unnamed applicant is seeking a beer and wine license at Thai restaurant Rhong Tiam.
- 303-305 Broome St.: An applicant listed as “La Gente” is seeking a full bar license in the former LES Sandwich Shop space. A similar plan by the folks behind the Grotto was approved back in late 2009.
- 137 Essex St.: Unnamed applicants are applying for a new, full bar license at Foundation, an existing bar that ran into a lot of trouble last summer, between visits from the NYPD and inspections by the health department, which shuttered the bar for a while. This item appeared on the November and December agendas as well, but was scratched.
- 155 Rivington St.: Unnamed applicants are seeking a full bar license in the space currently occupied by St. Jerome’s.
- 157 Suffolk St.: The Fuzzy Wuzzy LLC is seeking a full bar license in a long-vacant street-level space in this building, which was purchased for $9 million a year ago, and has undergone a major renovation.