Morning Reads: Music Studio Start-up, Overcrowded Schools, Harvey Wang’s Lower East Side
- Modern Vintage Records, a production studio, opens for business on the Lower East Side (Business Insider).
- The Department of Education backs away from a plan to send Tribeca kids to Chinatown (DNA Info).
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney could stand to gain from the retirement of Barney Frank. On the other hand, she faces some peril in her district (which includes parts of the LES), as anger towards Wall Street intensifies (The Hill).
- Harvey Wang’s Lower East Side photos – on display at the Tenement Museum Wednesday night – and on the Times’ Lens blog (NYT).
- Live wrap: Frank Ocean at the Bowery Ballroom Sunday night (Village Voice).