A Word From Our Sponsors
Beginning this week, we debut “A Word From Our Sponsors,” a kind of online bulletin board highlighting news and deals from our advertisers:
- The LES Business Improvement District welcomes Corrente! to the neighborhood. Corrente is an independent handbag company that makes products exclusively in New York. Visit the store at 179 Orchard Street or view the collection online.
- M&M Environmental, the leader in eco-friendly pest management services, is offering $15 off when you mention The Lo-Down.
- Henry Street Settlement wants to get the word out that registration is now open for Saturday kids’ sports programs – basketball and rugby clinics are being offered, as well as open gym.
- Amarilis Perez, Educational Alliance Teen Center director, writes about Global Girls on Edgies’ new blog, Building Blocks.
- Dora Coffee, 221 East Broadway, is offering 25% off Balthazar pastries, after 3 p.m., when you mention The Lo-Down.
- The Village Zendo is presenting a writing workshop, Opening The Hand of Thought: Writing as Practice in Not-Knowing, on October 15th, from 10a-1p, for only $15.