Morning Reads: Brooklyn Bridge Noise, Cherished Tree Lost, Acknowledging a Bowery Landmark
- Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver urges the city to do something about noise resulting from reconstruction of the Brooklyn Bridge (DNA Info).
- Silver says he opposes allowing a full fledged casino to operate in New York City (Daily News).
- Hurricane Irene destroys a tree, inside La Plaza Cultural Community Garden, that had been viewed as a symbol of the neighborhood’s efforts to fight over-development (NYT).
- The Times acknowledges the August 9th historic designation of the Bowery Saving Bank with a nice slide show (NYT).
- LES non-profits reflect in the lessons of 9/11, ten years later (The Jewish Week).
- LES Runway successfully completes its Kickstarter campaign in time for Fashion Week (Blackbook).