TLD Food Wire: Multiple Markets, Banjo Jim’s, Mexicue
It's week 2 of the Thursday afternoon LES Youthmarket at the corner of Grand and Bialystoker streets.
- Stock your fridge this evening with farm-fresh vegetables from the second weekly installment of the new GrowNYC Youthmarket on Grand Street, open 3-7 p.m.
- Send your taste buds on a tour at Saturday’s Hester Street Fair, where the lineup brings cuisines from around the globe.
- Sunday’s New Amsterdam Market gets some slide-show love from Serious Eats.
- EV Grieve reports that Banjo Jim’s, a beloved East Village Americana, blues and roots music venue, is morphing into an “artisanal cocktail bar.”
- Mexicue food truck opened the first of its two stationary locations yesterday in Chelsea; Midtown Lunch offers a sneak peek at what the LES version bound for Forsyth Street later this year may look like.