City Won’t Release FDNY Closure List, Rape Case Closings, Amato Opera Building for Sale
- The city refuses to tell the City Council which fire companies it plans to close; once again Engine 4 at the South Street Seaport is rumored to be on the list (Daily News).
- Defense attorney in 9th Precinct rape case claims accuser is motivated by money; prosecution presents closing argument today (NYT).
- The Amato Opera building on the market for $6.95 million (EV Grieve).
- The governor becomes a bit testy, after Speaker Sheldon Silver suggests he’s preoccupied with politicking rather than legislating (Daily News).
- Senator Squadron finds himself in the middle of all-important Christmas tree debate (Gotham Gazette).