Drunken Carjacking, Teacher Layoff Threat, Bike Battles
- Drunken California man hijacks a cab on Delancey Street, crashes near Union Square (Daily News).
- Lower East Side would be hit hard in “worst case” teacher layoff scheme (NYT, DNA Info).
- According to Fred Dicker, Sheldon Silver has acknowledged it’s not looking good for the “millionaire tax.” (Post)
- Queens Assemblyman wants mandatory bike registration (Post).
- Saying so long to Chinatown Fair, the neighborhood’s last old school arcade (NYC The Blog).
- Artist and animal lover Peter Max donates painting of an old carriage horse saved from the slaughterhouse to the Henry Street Settlement; the painting will be auctioned for up to $20,000 (Daily News).
- LES students compete in robotics challenge (NY1).