World’s Strangest Chocolates, Condo & Kanye, Verifying Crime Stats
- A Berkeley law professor offers independent corroboration of NYPD crime stats (WSJ).
- “From Caravaggio to Kanye,” Calvin Tomkins discusses George Condo’s work (his show opens at the New Museum today) and the controversial cover art he made for Kanye West’s most recent album (New Yorker).
- Some great photos of Lower East Side “Crocheting Queen,” OLEK, who is currently teaching a crochet sculpture class at the Educational Alliance (NYDN).
- Rhonda Kave’s absinthe truffles are rated among the “World’s Strangest Chocolates” (Travel&Leisure).
- Hand-pulled noodles in Chinatown and beyond: a Primer (NYT).
- Photos from the East Village – January 1987 (EV Grieve).