Policing Nightlife, Speaker Coup Rumors, Beloved Bartender
- The LES Business Improvement District considers hiring off-duty cops to deal with nightlife enforcement (Post).
- “A few rank-and-file legislators — some of whom have Andrew Cuomo’s ear — have mused about a move against (Sheldon) Silver if he becomes an obstacle to the governor-elect’s agenda.” — And: “Silver may voluntarily relinquish his leadership role after this term, said an Albany source close to the speaker.” (Post).
- The waterfront: the city’s next frontier (NYT).
- Saying goodbye to Howard O’Brien, the beloved Sophie’s bartender who died last week (DNA Info).
- Nice Guy Eddie’s, owned by CB3’s David McWater, is a “fairly un-New York” bar (Eater).