New Yorkers love their Halloween parties and the Lower East Side is already all dressed up and stepping out in costume. Here are a few choice events happening in the hood:
- Our friend, the Giant Knish (a.k.a., Laura Silver) will be attending the 826NYC Halloween Party tonight at the Professor’s Lounge and she wants you to be there, as well. It’s a Heroes and Villains reconciliation event/fundraiser to help the kids. Music courtesy of DJ Heist, Free Beer courtesy of Sixpoint Craft Ales. 8pm to 11pm – With Free Beer until 9pm! Tickets are $25. 219 Second Avenue.
- The Grand Halloween Carnival – The Seward Park Cooperative is throwing a big Halloween party for the whole neighborhood. Starting at 2pm, there will be a parade down East Broadway. A carnival at the co-op begins at 3. It’ll include a pumpkin patch, face painting, goodie bags, a graveyard, a raffle and much more. The Hester Street Fair is joining in with food discounts and free treats for the kids. More here.
- Bowery Kids Presents: Louise Rogers‘ Jazzy Tales Halloween Party at the Bowery Poetry Club – Wear your favorite princess tutu or dinosaur costume and celebrate Halloween with Louise Rogers’ Jazz Ensemble and the Washington Heights Children’s Jazz Choir. Swing, boogie and dance as the playfulness of jazz gives fairy tales new life!! Louise Rogers and her cuddly and colorful puppets spin the stories and sing the tunes from her best selling cds Bop Boo Day! 12:00PM – 2:00PM. Jazzy Fairy Tales Ages: as young as they get – $10.
- The Steampunk Haunted House at Abrons is still going strong. “Audience members are thrust into a beautiful and terrifying dreamscape of neo-Victorian elegance and phantasmagoric clockwork horrors. Once inside, audience members are separated, until one by one, they find themselves alone, lost somewhere within the three sprawling floors of Abrons’ majestic century-old playhouse.” Running through the 31st. Tickets $10 students, $20/$25 adults.
- Santos Party House is hosting a House of Horrors Party on Saturday and the first 100 guests get in free. There will be live painting by artist Abbey Golden, special DJ sets by Gabe Saporta (Cobra Starship) and Taryn Manning, music by Silver Medallion, Live performance by Eddie the Gun. NOTE: as of Friday, Oct. 29th – It seems this event may not be happening, after all. (Santos was shut down last night.)
- If you want to go all out, there’s still time to get a ticket for “The #1 Halloween Party in the country,” Joonbug’s 9th Annual Masquerade Halloween Ball 2010 at Capitale on the Bowery. There is a one-hour open vodka bar, live music, and top costume prizes and giveaways starting at just $25 (general admission). Past years’ attendees include Heidi Klum, Jay Z, Sean Diddy Combs, Petra Nemcova, Nicki Hilton, Mya, Russell Simmons, Rev Run of Run DMC and Zac Posen (to name a few!)