There are all kinds of festivities to take part in this weekend on the L.E.S. Here are a few at the top of our list:
- Comedy team Chester celebrates the one-year anniversary of their monthly variety show “Don’t You Find Us Charming?” at ABCNoRio tonight at 8pm. $3-$8 // Free Booze // 156 Rivington Street.
- Catch Sloan Wainwright tonight at the Living Room and The Doc Marshalls tomorrow night at Mercury Lounge (both featured in Ken Beasley’s Music Picks this week).
- Tomorrow is the Smithsonian’s annual National Musuem Day. Participating museums across the country open their doors for free to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket (downloadable off their site).
- Also tomorrow, the third annual “Reunion of the LES Bands” in the East River Park Bandshell – a free concert put together by LES Creative People in Action (and a group of longtime residents reviving the neighborhood’s musical tradition). Set to perform: Robbie & Gary Z’s 70′s Rock and R&B Revue, the New Funk Generation with Denis Elmore, Fuzion (a second generation jazz band) and Gospel Flair from Samuel Glendall Wright.
- The Fourth Arts Block Arts Association (FAB!) is throwing a fall festival and block party tomorrow with free classes in the morning from 11a – 1p and outdoor performances, a craft fair, site specific works, and gourmet food from 1p – 5p. East 4th Street between Bowery & 2nd Ave.
- The M’Finda Kalunga Community Garden and the Museum at Eldridge are co-hosting a Sukkot Party on Sunday from 12 – 2p. All are welcome.
- Everyone is gearing up for Apples on Orchard this Sunday. L.E.S. organizations and business will be out in full force, celebrating all things “Apple” in the Big Apple.